Saturday, January 5, 2013

That awkward moment...

That awkward moment, when you purchase something you have been wanting and needing for several weeks. You are foaming at the mouth while driving your purchases home......... Then you open your closet door, and realize, I honestly have no use for this........
That was what happened to me today. I had my eye on these cute black boots for a few weeks, I thought I had so many outfits that would go with them.....Received the spending money from hubsy, so off to Target I went. In the car on the way home, my brain is excitedly conjuring up a million different outfits I'm going to wear my purchases with... Not. So. Along with the boots I had also bought an adorable brown belt with the cutest buckle detail. Sigh. Neither of them worked out. I got them home and immediately started trying them with different pieces from my closet. (For this is my ritual after shopping..) Nope, nope, nope. The belt was a small, and I knew better. Small belts never fit me correctly. (Yes, you are free to think hateful thoughts towards me at this time because of what I'm about to say...) By the time I got it on so it wouldn't fall off, the cute details for which I bought it for, were covered with the excess belt-age. >insert face palm<. So, what you ladies can learn from my mistake is-
#1- Always keep your receipts!
#2- TRY IT before you buy it!
I know, I know. I'm a total hypocrite. I always preach the "try it on" sermon, but here I am. But seriously, it helps. It would be saving me a trip back to Target right now. And I might insert here that I USUALLY try everything on. :)
On a happier note, stay tuned for two BIG posts that I am working on. #1 will be titled "Essentials", and is going to be about *my* opinion of what every woman should have as style staples in her closet. This post is going to be geared towards "Modestly Minded" gals such as myself, but a lot of the info will be universal. #2 is going to be "The Need for Accessorizing", depicting the incredible difference accessories can make in your fashion life.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Cute belt and boots! Bummer they were a no go!
    Looking forward to more fashion tips from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought of something! You could always go buy something to match with the belt and boots! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, I have a rule of thumb to not do that. I always always base the accessory off the outfit, never vice versa. I would never be able to make enough money to cover my shopping addiction if I bought things to match every accessory I like that doesn't work out! Lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So would you ever wear those boots with that belt? Do accessories need to match?

    ReplyDelete