Sunday, January 20, 2013

Outfit planning

Ok so, often when I have several events or social encounters coming up in a week, I'll plan out my outfits for those days ahead of time, which is actually one reason I decided to start this blog! I plan out a couple different outfits and snap a quick photo, then when I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what to wear in a hurry, I can refer back to my photos. Such a huge time saver! I recently started keeping ALL of those photos in an album on my phone, because often I'll forget some of the combos I had come up with, and it's actually been an insanely helpful tool when I have "nothing" to wear! ;)
Now, awhile back I mentioned a rule about wearing print with print, and I'm breaking that rule in a couple of these outfits :) rules were MEANT to be broken, after all! Granted this is just my personal opinion, as with everything else on this blog, but here's why this particular outfit works: for starters, the prints are not right next to each other. (I haven't tried it, but for example, I really doubt a leopard scarf would work the same, as the two patterns would be directly side by side). Neither do they rival each other, in other words, neither pattern demands a lot of attention. Thirdly, being coupled with the neutrals of the denim and cream cardigan, it down-plays the entire outfit. Again, just my personal eye.
I apologize if my outfits are beginning to look a little repetitious to you, but honestly that is what this blog is all about, finding multiple ways to mix your own clothes!!! Some of you may be thinking, "uh, we've seen your closet, you have a TON of stuff!" While this is very true, every single piece of clothing can not be mixed with every single piece of clothing. Like, I know I've posted a couple photos of my mint cardigan with other different pieces, I can't mix that cardigan with pieces like the orange pencil skirt, etc. because they so NOT go together. ;)
OKAY, on to the photos, enjoy!

Photo 1&2- semi-casual preppy

3- soft and sweet, I'm thinking this will be my next go-to wedding outfit!

4- J.Crew style meets Abercrombie/Hollister. All of my loves <3

Cheers! Xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment