Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Everyday makeup

Ok loves, I decided to be brave and post a before and after makeup photo. . . Along with a virtual tutorial on how I do my lashes and my current products. 

Before and after. My before is a TRUE before, a  fresh-from-the-shower-without-a-single-stitch-of-makeup-not-even-moisturizer before. If its too much for you, look away... Because my friends, makeup doesn't make you beautiful. Makeup simply plays up what's ALREADY beautiful about your face! So accept your face with all it's imperfections and blemishes, embrace it! Nobody is without flaw. 

Ok getting on with my post:

Here is the pile of product I used to get from point A to point B. yes, that Cd is a legit makeup tool in my book. Heh. In case you can't read the labels well, here's a list of what I'm using, and where to buy it. 
1.) Hard Candy "ginormous lash" in black. Walmart, $6-$9(can't remember exactly how much) 
2.) Maybelline "Dream Matte Mousse" target, $7. I use this under my eyes and over any and all blemishes. It is fabulous.
3.) Hard Candy "honeymoon" shade blush. Walmart $6ish. I've been using this blush for almost 3 years and it is my fave! It's not even half gone yet!
4.) Elf mineral concealer, $5ish, eyeslipsface.com I use this over my whole face as a foundation/setting powder. So far, this is the only product I can use as a foundation without breaking out from it. Win! 
5.) Elf bronzer in "Glow". Target? $2. I brush this on all along my hairline and forehead to make myself look a little less glow in the dark. :) 
6.) Covergirl BB cream in "Fair" $6, target. This is the very first thing I put on my face after I jump out of the shower. I use it as a moisturizer, the tint is very weak, but it works for what I wanted it for. 
7.) Maybelline Fit Me concealer, $5 HEB/Target. I use this when my under eyes look more sleepy than usual, or if I have a blemish to cover. 
8.) NYC brown brow pencil. Obviously, I use this to give myself brows. Because mine are virtually invisible.
 
I use all ELF studio brushes for application, they range $3-$6 at eyeslipsface.com, Target sells some as well. 

On to the lash tutorial! 


Start by curling your lashes. I try to get the curler as close to the base of my lashes as possible without pinching my lid. I hold at the base of the lashes a few seconds, then do tiny pinches inching up to the tips.

 One tip I tell everyone who asks, is use a tissue to wipe the top of your lash curler between each and EVERY time you curl. The curler can get caked with mascara and as you pull it off your eye it can pull your lashes downward and be quite counterproductive. Plus that's just gross.


Here's where the CD comes in :) Some girls use plastic spoons, business cards, etc. I used to use liquid foundation, and I used this CD as a palette for application. Anyways! Put the CD or whatever you're going to be using behind your eye at the base of your lashes, and kind of close your eye so your mascara is bending the lashes back. This really helps you get that mascara loaded on your lashes without getting it smeared all over your eyelid!

After your lashes are completely dry, comb out any clumps. 

Repeat until your lashes are as thick as you want! 


That's all for today! Cheers! Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment